Links

Subscribe in a reader

Monday, November 28, 2011

3G (Third Generation Technology)


Coming with the history of 3G Technology it was implemented in Japan for the first time in the world. But today with growing time the technology is serving 25 countries over more than 60 networks having its existence in Asia, Europe and USA. Video conferencing has been a major factor in the success of the technology.

While 2G stands for second-generation wireless telephone technology, 1G networks used are analog, 2G networks are digital and 3G (third-generation) technology is used to enhance mobile phone standards. The main reason for the evolution of 3G was due to the limited capacity of the 2G networks. All the function performed in a 2G network can be performed in a higher speed in a 3G network.

With 3G technology it has been possible to transmit packet switch data efficiently at better and increased bandwidth. The amount of bandwidth needed for 3G services could be as much as 15-20 Mhz, whereas for 2G services a bandwidth of 30-200 KHz was used. Hence, for 3G huge bandwidth is required. The aim of the 3G (Thrid Generation Technology) is to allow for more coverage and growth with minimum investment.

Though there are many advantages of 3G network,there are few draw backs like upgrading the base station and cellular infrastructure to 3G incurs very high cost and it also has a very high power consumption. But the drawbacks will be minimized when this technology will be used extensively.

The highlight of 3G is video telephony. But now much awaited 4G technology stands to be the future standard of wireless devices.

14 comments:

  1. Perhaps this is a bit off topic but in any case I have been surfing about your blog and it looks really neat. impassioned about your writing. I am creating a new blog and hard-pressed to make it appear great and supply excellent articles. I have discovered a lot on your site and I look forward to additional updates and will be back.
    Celabright information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont even understand how I finished up here, but I thought this post was once good. I do not recognize who you are but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!plagiarismsoftware

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty admire the effort of the people on adding good information for the discussion. I found your website perfect for my needs.southsmoke.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and got a lot from them. I would like to thank you for making you for making such a nice website.http://www.5starhotelsindubai.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your idea is outstanding the issue is one thing that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I am very completely satisfied that.http://www.hotelapartmentsindubai.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but i would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.Testking CompTIA SY0-301

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the brilliant tutorial. I never thought I’d be able to set up Ubuntu, but it happened. I’m quite proud of myself, and grateful to you lol.Thanks you really helped me out! I even got it working!contentarcade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. Thanks for posting such informative content. It is extremely helpful for me.cheapcar4rentals.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.superleather.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I am so excited that I have found your post because I have been searching for some information on this for almost three hours! You've helped me a lot indeed and by reading this article I have found many new and useful information about this subject!
    Sell House Quick San Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Post. Thanks for sharing. But I will share a helpful tips. Misplaced Yahoo Leading get ranking or perhaps Struggling to acquiring Initial Page ranking. One of the most difficulty powering that is copy articles. Thus, I would really like to be able to advise an individual verify the items usually are not Plagiarized. Verify simply by Plagiarism Software

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be always checking your blog. Its really very nice and i will only say thanks for sharing this great information with us. plagiarism checker tool

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post is nice but now I am really excited about 4G technology. I hope you will share a post about it later. how to check for plagiarism online

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a pleasure for me to read this story about 3G technology. It's hard to imagine our lives without it nowadays, don't you agree? online plagiarism checker

    ReplyDelete